The ENVISION NTD Advisor plays a key technical assistance role for the ENVISION project in supporting project implementation as described below. •ENVISION•is an eight-year Cooperative Agreement through which RTI supports and expands NTD control and elimination in specified countries and furthers the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. This position will be based in Washington, DC, in RTI•s Global Health Group, and will report to the Senior Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The NTD Advisor is a key ENVISION technical team member who liaises with other teams and works in support of national NTD programs.• Duties may include:•
- Provide daily support to Resident Program Advisors• management of program implementation and oversight to subcontractors• management of country programs;
- Support host-country governments in coordination of stakeholders (including facilitation of stakeholders meetings) to avoid overlap and maximize use of limited resources;
- Support national program and partners to prepare annual work plans and complete semiannual reports;
- Provide technical review and oversight of the execution of country work plan activities in accordance with WHO guidelines for NTD control and elimination;
- Contribute to preparation of ENVISION documents for submission to USAID (semi-annual reports, annual country work plans, etc.);
- Identify technical assistance needs and ensure assistance is provided to meet the needs;
- Work with ENVISION Operations team to monitor project activities and spending to ensure proper activity planning and meet USAID financial and management reporting guidelines;
- Encourage documentation of project accomplishments and innovation in peer-reviewed journals;
- Through USAID HQ, liaise with USAID Mission (and regional staff if appropriate) to ensure communication on ENVISION activities and explore potential synergies with other USAID projects;
- Work with ENVISION M&E team to guide country programs in planning their M&E activities, which could include mapping, disease-specific assessments, data management, database development, reporting, monitoring of program indicators, quality control exercises, and facilitating national programs• use of data to inform strategies and improve their programs;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current WHO technical guidelines and research on NTDs;
- Liaise with ENVISION Communications Manager to support fulfillment of communications strategy goals (e.g., disseminate information about country-level activities and identify stories for publication and sharing through multiple types of media), following USAID branding and marking guidelines;
- Assist in facilitation of technical training (potentially including NTD Program Managers Course);
- Liaise with national program managers, drug donation programs, and WHO to monitor procurement of donated and ENVISION-purchased drugs (e.g., submitting applications, timing of drug shipments, in-country supply chain, etc.);
- Facilitate ENVISION country program start-up (stakeholders meeting, situation analysis, national program NTD master plan, TIPAC) in coordination with USAID HQ
- Provide technical expertise on use of the NTD Tool for Integrated Planning and Costing (TIPAC);
- Perform international and domestic travel (up to 25%); and
- Perform other work as needed by program management.•
- Master•s Degree, in public health or other relevant discipline preferred, with minimum of 6 years• progressive experience in international public health programs;
- Technical experience in infectious disease, disease surveillance, and• monitoring and evaluation;•
- Experience working on or with USAID or US government-funded projects;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required;
- At least 3 years• resident work experience in a developing country preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in cross-cultural environments;
- Ability to thrive in a team environment;
- Understanding and appreciation of country-led health or development strategies;
- Ability to travel internationally.
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health