Nepal Earthquake Response Manager
World Vision International – Nepal Earthquake
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded 65 years ago and now working in over 90 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Nepal Earthquake Response Manager, you will be responsible for managing and implementing World Vision’s earthquake response in Nepal. You should develop and maintain an efficient, cohesive team for effective management and implementation of Rehabilitation and closure of the response in the earthquake districts. You will ensure timely, efficient, appropriate and effective response to meet humanitarian needs.
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Studies or relevant field required.
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing a multi-cultural team in the Humanitarian and/or Development field.
- Strong change management experience and performance management of large teams.
- Experience working in emergency response and/or international development.
- Extensive experience working in cross-cultural and fluid environments managing people and projects.
- Experience liasoning with governmental institutions and multi-lateral agencies.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English, for internal and external audiences.
- Experience managing the close-out and workforce transition of a large-scale humanitarian response.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date
30 Jun 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.