Dexis is recruiting for a Local Evaluation Methods Specialist based in Nepal with experience in the water and agriculture sectors to be part of the SWFF Performance Evaluation Team.
Securing Water for Food (SWFF) Grand Challenge for Development program is an ambitious initiative that aims to accelerate innovations which will enable the production of more food with less water. After four rounds of applications and funding, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with the governments of Sweden, Nepal and Netherlands have commissioned an evaluation to assess the progress of SWFF, the efficiency of the SWFF Program, and the sustainability of SWFF innovations. A large-scale evaluation of such a complex initiative will require strong technical and logistical capabilities to ensure flexibility and responsiveness to the needs of the USAID and SWFF Founding Partners.
The evaluation will assess 1) SWFF Innovator’s impact and 2) SWFF Program impact and efficiency. The evaluation is structured into two phases, phase 1 that will last from March 2018 to September 2018 which will culminate in the draft Evaluation Report that includes the impact of funding Rounds 1-3. The second phase will last from December 2018 to August 2020 and culminate in the final Evaluation Report that includes data from funding Round 4 to validate findings from the draft evaluation report.
The consultant will work with either the evaluation adviser or an evaluation methods specialist to conduct interviews with Innovators, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in Nepal during the first phase. S/he will conduct additional independent data collection during the second stage of data collection while the evaluation adviser and evaluation specialists are at other sites.
The consultant will hav 10 years of experience with marketing of water and agriculture related products and processes and or water productivity technology adoption in the region and proven track record in major evaluations.
Estimated 20 level of effort days are allocated for each of the two data collection stages and in total the consultant will visit SWFF Innovators in Nepal.
Data collection and analysis of stage 1 (May-August 2018)
Data collection of stage 2 (December 2018-March 2020)
- 10 years of experience in partnerships in the water and/or agriculture sector in the international development context preferred.
- Diverse international experience in the successful data collection and analysis on evaluations and assessments.
- University degree in political science, social science, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience evaluating Grand Challenge innovation programs is highly desirable
- In-country experience in the water and/or agriculture sector is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy and evaluation reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding of data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Knowledge of the policy environment of USAID, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (MFA-NL), and the South African Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- Excellent written and oral communication in English required.
- Ability to work in Nepal and fluency in Nepali required.
- Ability to lead independent data collection in the second phase and maintain communication with the Evaluation Team required.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.