The West and Central Africa and Haiti (WCAFH) region is conducting an internal and external recruit for a New Business Associate B! WCAFH’s upcoming new business portfolio includes opportunities in competitiveness, agribusiness development, democracy and governance, energy, environmental policy, and peace and stability spanning Nigeria, Haiti, DRC, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Senegal, and Mali.
We are looking for associate candidates with proven track records of versatility, leadership, and integrity in their work. Primary functions include managing and sharing internal and external knowledge, use of internal networks to staff and guide proposal teams, and participating in proposal team line roles. We seek candidates with a passion for working in WCAFH, commitment to creating a positive and productive working environment, and a focus on promoting Chemonics’ values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum two years of relevant administrative or professional work experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management with minimum oversight
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year
- French proficiency required
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=2548
by June 18, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.