The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks to create a just, peaceful, and prosperous hemisphere where every person has the opportunity to thrive. We work with vulnerable people across the hemisphere to tackle some of our region’s greatest development challenges. We partner with, empower, and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the people of Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
New Business Development Associate Position
PADF is looking for a New Business Development Associate to join the New Business Development team who will facilitate collaboration and strategy development between field and HQ teams, partners, and donors to win projects that support the PADF mission. Given the nature of the work, NBD offers flexible schedules and remote options.
The new business associate will have overall responsibility for supporting the design and development of proposals for projects funded primarily by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department of State, Department of Labor, and United States Department of Agriculture. The incumbent will support the design and development of proposals to other bilateral, multi-lateral development agency, private sector, and foundation donors. With respect to design, the incumbent will bring to bear their knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, USG procurement cycles, PADF thematic areas, PADF experience, and relevant research to support the development of strategies and approaches that are responsive to donor solicitations. The business development associate is expected to manage the proposal process in accordance with PADF’s systems and protocols, drawing on and working collaboratively with PADF staff from the field and HQ.
- Remain knowledgeable in PADF programs
- Identify emerging opportunities for PADF
- Lead capture trips, conduct field research, and coordinate with PADF staff to assist, consistent with public health requirements
- Analyze solicitations and supporting documents to coordinate a compliant response
- Provide administrative support, such as scheduling, hiring, folder and file management, drafting, and editing
- Act as proposal manager or lead writer on proposal teams
- Prepare supporting sections and annexes, such as capability statements and past performance references
- Strong writing, proofreading, and research skills.
- Clear understanding of, and identification with PADF’s mission and program activities
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytic skills and ability to respond quickly and efficiently to requests
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff in Washington D.C. and in the field, as well PADF partners.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Emotional and cultural intelligent.
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS or equivalent in a relevant field, MA/MS preferred
- Excellent English writing ability required
- Spanish or French language proficiency required
- At least 1 year of field experience required, preferably in Latin American and the Caribbean, with field management or operational experience is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in international development
- Demonstrated effectiveness in collaborating on winning proposals submitted to USAID or Department of State required, funding by other USG agencies and bilateral donors preferred
- Track record of meeting deadlines and consistently producing high caliber work
- Familiarity with USAID and other USG project budgets preferred
- Familiarity with program evaluation and monitoring and evaluation a plus
- Experience with both for profit and non-profit international development organizations a plus
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962. www.padf.org
PADF’s core values. “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Diversity. PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
When applying for this position, please include a cover letter and compensation requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
About the OrganizationAbout PADF
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.