We are looking for a New Business Development Manager to be based at our US office. The business development function in Athena is structured to help the organization spot and win new business that is aligned with our unique institutional growth goals. As a firm that operates in the intersection of policy, technology and data, we are constantly driven to seek out opportunities that leverage our interest and unique combination of skills and deliver high-impact and high-quality outcomes.
The business prospecting process at Athena covers an entire range of tracks including responding to tenders/open competitive enquiries and grants to mounting ‘over-the -counter’ pitches that help communicate our value proposition to our potential clients.
The Business Development Team at Athena Infonomics is spread across all our office locations in South Asia and the USA. The team takes the lead on the identification of opportunities along with preparation and submission of well-researched and compelling technical responses. You will be joining that growing team, which leads our global efforts to serve new clients and new technical areas while strengthening our existing relationships and core areas of expertise.
As a New Business Development Manager, you will help build our international development practice portfolio from the USA. As part of the company’s core team in our Rockville office, you will drive our business development strategy, from opportunity identification to bid submission and be part of strategic client and partner engagements. You’ll also manage the technical and administrative aspects of contract performance, with a primary focus on key U.S. clients such as USAID, MCC, US Federal Agencies and other development institutions/donors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the international development sector.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent business development experience with international development contractor, or an NGO.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience (including but not limited to mentoring, training, and guiding staff).
- Proven success in writing or supporting the creation of winning proposals.
- Experience in driving business development, from over the counter to bidding and proposal development, particularly with U.S. clients.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, bidding on, and winning contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, program assessment and program design across sectors, institutional capacity building, human resources management, monitoring and evaluation in a developing country setting and institutional development
- Robust understanding of how new age technology and data analytics are changing the face of development.
- Awareness of the physical and psychological challenges inherent in working in developing and conflict prone countries.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency is either Spanish or French, is a must,
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with customers and stakeholders, especially within the US context
- Must possess valid work authorization in the US.
- We are an equal opportunity employer
- Please send your CV and your one-page cover letter to email@example.com
About the Organization
Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. Listed as an FT 1000 high growth company in Asia Pacific, we add value to our clients’ businesses by focusing on the extraction and use of high quality data, social science research methods and new age technology. Our service portfolio is centered around driving innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges. Our clients include multilateral development banks, global private philanthropies, governments (across continents and across federal and sub-federal levels of governance), leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies. Our multicultural team of consultants, with expertise in diverse fields, are drawn from some of the best-known graduate schools of the world.
Our epistemic community comprises distinguished policy makers, academics and intellectuals whose deep sectoral knowledge and professional experience help our clients obtain strategic perspectives as well as program implementation knowledge.