The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, brings together many stakeholders to improve livelihoods, empower communities, strengthen civil society, support human rights, protect the environment and respond to natural disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean. Established by the Organization of American States in 1962, PADF has worked in every country in the region. In 2017 PADF reached 10.3 million people through sustainable development initiatives in Latin American and Caribbean countries.
PADF seeks a Mexico City, Mexico based short-term consultant to support its business development activities in Mexico. The consultant will provide PADF’s Mexico country leadership team with the information and insights necessary to secure the financial resources required to build upon and expand our robust portfolio of innovative donor-funded programs.
Six (6) months: starting immediately.
Mexico City, Mexico
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out in-depth scoping and research on potential funding partners, including bi-lateral cooperation agencies; embassies; multi-lateral development banks; and private sector actors (business chambers, corporate partners).
- Undertake mapping of potential donors against PADF Mexico program priorities.
- Prepare briefing documents on potential funders for Country Director and other PADF leadership.
- Develop marketing materials and presentations for external use.
- Facilitate introductions and meetings for potential partners.
- Draft follow-on correspondence, lead or support submission of expressions of interest and other required documents and provide other punctual support to PADF business development efforts.
- Maintain tracker of key organizations/contacts.
- Coordinate with Mexico Country Director and PADF Washington staff to support new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and spoken Spanish and English
- Minimum 5 years of business development experience, preferably with international NGO or similar.
- Experience with building relationships with donors including governments and private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development.
- In-depth knowledge of Mexican international and domestic donor environment.
- Relevant university degree.
Mexican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization 501(c)(3) that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).