You’re a proactive, sales-driven professional that wants to help leading companies, NGOs and agencies in global development recruit and develop top talent critical to achieving their missions.
You’re excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture. You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, adaptable, flexible and eager to learn. You thrive in an environment where you’re driven and responsible for your own work and results (but you get the support you need). You’re excellent at cultivating relationships, including at C-suite level, and have phenomenal interpersonal, analytical and writing skills.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here:
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the New Business Lead for Devex’s Talent Solutions team?
As a New Business Lead, your primary role is to initiate and establish relationships, develop partnerships and grow revenue for all DTS product lines with top companies, NGOs, and international organizations worldwide.
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Master the full suite of Devex Talent Solutions products and services, including past projects and clients as case studies
- Understand global development recruitment so you can effectively work with prospective clients, analyze their needs, and collaboratively develop solutions
- Become an expert in discussing and pitching our products with potential partners
- Build a robust new business pipeline and meet new business revenue targets, leveraging the Salesforce platform
- Develop and implement an excellent client experience from the sales to the implementation phase
- Understand implementation timelines, deliverables and realities
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Built Devex Talent Solutions revenue through engaging leading organizations to promote our full suite of talent services, including recruitment branding and marketing, candidate sourcing, talent advisory, and customized recruitment solutions
- Collaborated on proposal development and marketing collateral representative of our brand and high-quality standards
- Designed innovative recruitment solutions leveraging the Devex professional audience and insider knowledge of the development sector
- Served as a Devex thought leader on talent and careers in development
- Built and maintained an ambitious sales pipeline to ensure a steady stream of new business tied to revenue targets
- Coordinated with Devex teams including Membership, Advertising Strategies, Devex Live, and Survey and Advisory Services to offer recruitment solutions leveraging other Devex services.
- Worked with other teams to develop scalable talent solutions products that drive revenue and an increased profit margin
- Increased our impact metrics in matching professionals to jobs and organizations to top talent
Here are the basic requirements you’ll need to as New Business Lead…
- 5-7+ years of experience in global development recruitment or business development for recruitment and talent-related services
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, marketing, communications, international affairs, or any related field.
- New business, sales or proposal development experience
- US Work authorization
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have…
- Experience selling HR or recruitment-related services, in particular to social impact and mission-driven employers
- Experience working in or with organizations in the global development sector
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more. We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, talent specialists and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
We’re also the go-to place organizations come to when they need to find and attract top talent critical to their mission. As the convener of professionals across the sector, Devex creates innovative talent solutions connecting people to not just jobs, but careers with impact.