Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: a proactive and innovative professional who is excited about driving the growth of an up-and-coming business line focussed on leveraging Devex’s media platform through live events.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you’re eager to bring your creative, strategic and business development skills to help us grow our fast growing Devex LIVE division at Devex, we’d love to get to know you better. We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Devex LIVE is growing fast. The division was only launched in 2014, but it is one of our fastest growing business lines and now includes a team of dedicated professionals and is able to uniquely build on Devex’s world class reporting to inform and connect the development community through live events. Whether we’re convening hundreds of professionals at a global conference like Devex World, honoring 5 ground-breaking women through Power With Purpose or convening global health executives through an intimate thought-leadership breakfasts, Devex Live is helping to drive the development agenda.
Why this position is great for you:
- You get to engage and problem-solve with the top organizations in development, humanitarian assistance and global health
- Our Devex LIVE team is growing fast, and so are the opportunities for those that are growing with it
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s making more of an impact all the time and that has an open, collaborative culture
- There’s no bureaucracy here. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Business Lead, Devex Live are…
- Engaging with the top companies, NGOs, foundations and aid agencies to design and build the best underwritten and sponsored events possible.
- Turning topical issues into innovative events by keeping on top of the most important trends in development to understand why they matter.
- Making sure each event makes a difference - to Devex, our partner(s) and the broader development community.
- Transform ideas into action by working hand-in-hand with the rest of the Devex live team on world-class implementation.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Devex Partnerships team to figure out ways events can complement other work across the team, from digital communications, surveys and advisory services and more.
To fit well in this role you must have a deep understanding of how media companies can best leverage their high-quality journalism into a successful events business while protecting and enhancing the brand. Qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (International Affairs, Public Policy, International Business, etc)
- 7+ years work experience with a media company, preferably in a business development or similar capacity
- An established network in the international development community (or a proven record of being able to create one)
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and writing skills
- US work authorization
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work
- You’re mission-driven, and you also like to go out and sell in order to drive that mission
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.