Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an enthusiastic, sales-savvy professional who wants to help the leading companies, NGOs and agencies working in global development recruit top talent critical to achieving their missions.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes over 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- You get to engage and think creatively with leaders at top development implementing organizations, donor agencies and corporations.
- Our Digital Communications team is part of the larger Partnerships division, one of our fastest growing, and you’ll get to learn from them more than you can imagine about communications, events, surveys, market research, the international development sector and more.
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture
- There’s no bureaucracy here. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need.
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the New Business Lead are…
- Build Digital Communications revenue through directly engaging Devex member organizations to promote our content campaigns, Focus Areas, and other digital communications initiatives and products.
- Pro-actively seek requests for proposals and business opportunities for Devex communications activities and lead the proposal development
- Effectively work with your Digital Communications colleagues to kickstart new project implementation.
- Coordinate with Devex teams including Devex Live, Membership, Advertising Strategies, and Survey and Advisory Services to offer communications solutions leveraging other Devex services.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, marketing, communications, international affairs, etc.)
- 3-5 years work experience in a B2B sales role, particularly in an international environment
- New business and proposal development experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- US work authorization
- Experience selling communications-related services for a media platform, in particular to social impact and mission-driven organizations
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work
- Experience working in or with organizations and people in developing or emerging economies
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Adobe Suite is a plus
This position will be based in the Devex headquarters located in Washington, DC. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.