Chemonics seeks short-term consultants to conduct newborn health commodities assessments to support the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. As part of GHSC-PSM, the Maternal and Child Health task order provides USAID missions, bureaus, and operating units with a worldwide mechanism to support USAID’s goal of ending preventable child and maternal deaths through access to quality-assured commodities for maternal, newborn, and child health. The consultancies may focus on the following areas: supply-chain strategies to increase newborn health commodities’ availability in select countries; neonatal resuscitation equipment’s availability and supply chain in select countries; and national-level barriers to the uptake of dispersible amoxicillin tablets in select countries. The consultancies will require travel to three to five countries in Africa for two weeks per trip. The consultancies will be based in Washington, D.C., and the anticipated duration of the assignments is up to 90 days between July and November 2018. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop and finalize assessment plans in coordination with USAID and the GHSC-PSM Task Order 4 director
- Conduct the assessment in three to five countries
- Review and analyze data and results
- In consultation with the GHSC-PSM team, develop final reports or presentations outlining findings from the assessments conducted in the field
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, or a related field
- At least five years of experience in international/global health
- Experience with maternal, newborn, and child health commodities and supply chains, especially newborn commodities, preferred
- Survey design and implementation experience preferred
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred
- Availability to travel to three to five countries for two weeks per trip
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English required; proficient French preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and the position title in the subject line to PSMNewbornHealthConsultancy@chemonics.com by June 25, 2018. Early applications are encouraged, as candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.