Tetra Tech International Development Services seeks an NGO Legal Framework and Civil Society Advisor (Objective Leader) to support the USAID-funded Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Program (JRUP). This project will support the efforts of the Government of Uzbekistan to develop rule of law, reform the judiciary, and improve the legal operating environment for NGOs and civil society organizations. Activities will contribute to locally-led development and self-reliance by providing input and expertise into the legislative reform process, the development of the legal profession, and facilitate strategic planning, including defining roles and paving the way for civil society development. Counterpart organizations will include the Ministry of Justice.
The NGO Legal Framework and Civil Society Advisor will undertake work in Tashkent, Uzbekistan in support of JRUP. The NGO Legal Framework and Civil Society Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
The NGO Legal Framework and Civil Society Advisor’s primary responsibilities are aimed to provide technical assistance for the development of Uzbekistan’s legal and normative framework governing civil society and NGOs, develop and disseminate information on new laws, regulations, and procedures relevant to civil society and NGOs, and oversee capacity building efforts for civil society, particularly in areas related to judicial reform, legal education, legal reform, and public awareness. The Advisor will manage 2 staff members.
* Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in law, social science, or a related field is required.
* At least 6 years of experience working with civil society or NGOs; at least 2 years of experience with justice sector projects is preferred.
* Demonstrated expertise in legislative reform, preferably related to civil society and NGOs in Central Asia.
* Experience managing staff to ensure that program deliverables are achieved according to the planned schedule.
* Prior experience with USAID, INL, or other donor-funded projects preferred.
* Ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly developing environment, must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
* Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in Russian, proficiency in English. Uzbek preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List: at least three professional references with complete contact information
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.