Pursuant to Article 18 of the Law on the Establishment of a Deposit Insurance System for Financial Institutions in Kosovo, Law No. 03/L-216 (as amended and supplemented by Article 15 of Law No. 04/L-133), the Commission of the Management Board of the Deposit Insurance Fund of Kosovo (DIFK) on 7 June 2018, publishes the following:
Non-Executive Member of the Management Board of DIFK ,Expert experienced in the field of deposit insurance and finance, for a five-year term
- Known for high standards of integrity and reputation;
- Higher professional education in finance, banking or legal affairs
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience in the field of finance, banking or legal;
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in the field of deposit insurance and finance;
- Holding no political mandate, currently or in the previous year;
- No record of employment or engagement in the previous year, in the capacity of a Director or Member of the Board of Directors in any financial institution licensed to take deposits in Kosovo, member of DIFK;
- Meets specific eligibility criteria under Article 20, paragraphs 1.1-1.4 of the Law No. 03/L-216.
- Experience with implementation of EU Directive on Deposit Insurance preferable;
- Knowledge of English language and other languages represents advantage
As a Board member, the responsibilities will include:
- Appointment of Managing Director of DIFK
- Entering into contracts and be a party to legal proceedings
- Acquisition, maintenance and disposal of property of DIFK
- Approving all rules, orders and guidelines for the management and operation of DIFK
- Adopting the DIFK’s financial plan and financial statements
- Approval of DIFK’s investment policy
- Decision-making on the change of the level of insurance premium
- Recommend amendments to the Deposit Insurance Law
- Attendance at Board meeting under Article 21, paragraph 7 of the Law on Establishment of a Deposit Insurance System for Financial Institutions in Kosovo, Law No: 03 / L-216 (as amended and supplemented by Law No. 04 / L- 133)
- Approval of the appointment of the External Auditor of DIFK
- Approving the payment methods for the compensation of depositors in the insured event or approval of the use of funds relating to the transfer of liabilities in the process of any bank resolution
- Assessing penalties and applying enforcement measures
- Approval of the borrowing for DIFK
- Approval of the number of DIFK personnel
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV, motivation letter and a form on “Declaration under oath”( available on the link http://www.fsdk.org/announcements/job-vacancies ) , to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 25 June 2018.
Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.