The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Evaluation and Learning Support Activity (GH EvaLS) is a five-year USAID Task Order contract with a $39 million ceiling. GH EvaLS provides evaluation, assessment, and learning support for USAID-funded health-related projects and activities worldwide designed to prevent child and maternal deaths; control the HIV/AIDS epidemic; and combat infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
GH EvaLS is looking for consultants (team lead, analyst, and other positions) for an evaluation related to COVID-19 and its impact on programming internationally across sectors. Specific, evaluation questions may include looking at:
- COVID-19 impacts on public and private systems
- COVID-19 impacts on households, communities, and systems
- Mitigation of non-health second-order impacts of COVID-19
- Pandemic response support or capacity of countries to respond to the pandemic
CONSULTANT ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Consultant responsibilities will include:
- Assignment management
- Developing and implementing workplan and data collection tools
- Data analysis
- Developing recommendations
- Ensuring that all deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Serving as a liaison between the USAID and the evaluation team, and
- Leading briefings and presentations
GENERAL CONSULTANT QUALIFIATIONS
- At least 8 years of experience in M&E procedures and implementation, including experience leading evaluations and/or assessments across sectors (health and non-health), utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods
- At least 5 years of experience managing M&E, including evaluations/assessments
- Proven experience working with and conducting analysis of large sets of health data
- Proven experience working with high-level government and medical officials
- Proven experience leading large teams over extended periods
- Previous experience with USG
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in qualitative and quantitative analytic tools
- Experience implementing key informant interviews, focus groups, observations and other evaluation and assessment methods that assure reliability and validity of the data
- Experience in data management and able to analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated experience using primarily quantitative evaluation methodologies
- Experience conducting secondary analysis of existing quantitative datasets
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Excellent skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders; ability to manage
- Excellent skills in project management including ability to internally manage complex tasks and interdisciplinary teams for evaluation
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline
- Good writing skills, with extensive report writing experience
- Familiarity with USAID policies and practices
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.