Position: Nurse (11)
Location: Muchinga, Northern and Luapula Provinces
Reporting to: Clinical Manager - EQUIP
Main Purpose of the Job: Management of ART department
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate plus related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Diploma Nursing/ Midwifery, Advanced Certificate Nursing/Midwifery
- Experience working in ART management facility and PHC
- Health Care and community-based health programming for HIV.
- HIV Nurse Prescriber Training an added advantage
- Health care service delivery background
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- Knowledge of various ART related Documentation
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, clients files and other necessary health documents
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
- Screen and Implement test and start
- Perform Phlebotomy for Lab Baselines
- Ensuring all people who pass through all health facility departments are tested, those that are positive are enrolled in care.
- Work hand in hand with healthy facility staff, community health workers and community leaders.
- Reviewing and QC of Health files and taking the appropriate action
- Understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation and data review
- Initiate treatment to all HIV positive patients in the Pre-ART registers as tracked from way back before Test and Start
- Identify undiagnosed People Living with HIV (PLWHIV) using a strategic mix of testing services within and outside facilities to maximize yield and ensure immediate linkage to ART.
- Work with Pharmacy and Lab to strengthen the supply chain management and logistics of HIV testing kits and pharmaceutical commodities to meet demand.
- Strengthen the capacity of the health systems of Zambia HIV service delivery
Data quality control:
- Conduct regular data editing and updates as required
- Perform data quality control
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Certified Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 13 June 2018.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit company with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support, improving their quality of life and productivity in South Africa and other African Countries.
The EQUIP Consortium is led by Right to Care (RTC) in collaboration with four other Africa based Partners. The EQUIP Consortium provides countries with innovative and customized solutions that increase HIV testing and linkage to care, widens the coverage of ART, expands capacity for viral load monitoring and improves retention of patients on ART. With the support of USAID, EQUIP is designed to provide rapid responses to the needs of high-priority PEPFAR countries.