Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in team meetings, key informant interviews, group meetings, and site visits.
- Draft the sections of the report relevant to his/her expertise and role in the team.
- Participate in presenting the report to WFP or other stakeholders.
- Responsible for addressing pertinent comments provided by WFP or other stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical food security expertise or experience working on food security activities, preferably in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant health issues affecting the targeted population (i.e. HIV and AIDS) and how that intersects with food security issues.
- Experience providing food assistance in refugee camps preferred.
- Oral and written proficiency in Amharic preferred.
- At least 8 years of previous experience in emergency health and nutrition programming;
- Prior experience conducting monitoring and evaluation assessments of international development programs required;
- Ethiopian experience required;
- Experience in Humanitarian Assistance desirable;
- Excellent organization and writing skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver a quality written product;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English required.
Education: Master’s degree in public health, nutrition or related sciences required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has implemented over 200 projects and has worked in over 100 countries, including conflict and post-conflict zones. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth, and democracy & governance.