Improve the overall nutrition situation of the target population. This involves implementing quality nutrition services and contributing to the effective management of the assigned nutrition project(s) in line with the objectives, budget and time frame laid down in the proposal(s). Enhance beneficiary participation, managing and training local staff, integrating nutritional assessments and treatment in existing health care programmes and planning and initiating new nutrition projects / proposals.
Medair is working under the registration of World Concern in Bangladesh and based in Cox’s Bazar. We have 3 Nutrition centres, 3 Medical Mobile teams and a Shelter distribution project. The main aim of our project is to provide essential services to the Rohyingya people in Bangladesh.
Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Take a look at Medair’s work in Bangladesh
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 6 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the assigned nutrition projects in line with the activity plan and time frame of the project proposal and any guidelines.
- Conduct regular field trips to clinics and other nutrition facilities for support and supervision.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the programme, with reports being made to managers.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
- Oversee the process of data collection, collation and dissemination to meet the requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports.
- Input into the development of the country strategy, new projects and/or donor proposals.
- Manage and oversee the assigned nutrition team including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Ensure the nutrition team members receive relevant and appropriate supervision, coaching, mentoring and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Promote the health and security of the nutrition team by ensuring the application of security guidelines, health and safety in the workplace and healthy living conditions and practices.
- Plan, construct and manage nutrition budgets for the assigned nutrition project(s).
Communication and Coordination
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned nutrition team, Medair in-country managers and advisors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the correct and timely ordering of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment for the nutrition facilities, ensuring minimum stocks and items are stored and distributed correctly.
- Implement policies and standards relating to nutrition service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards, national requirements and donor guidelines and other good practice.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Higher level qualification, preferably in nutrition or in another relevant field such as nursing/midwifery/doctor/ community-based training.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field.
- Good communicator, able to pass on information efficiently. Able to prioritise and enforce procedures.
- Aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries, other agencies.
- Understand the concepts of behaviour change and community-based training.
- Ability to manage project implementation. Excellent organisational skills and good report writing skills.
- Committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership. Able to set clear objectives and to delegate.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.