Preferred location is Canada. Open to various locations.
Use your leadership skills and public health nutrition expertise to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Nutrition Resource Acquisition, Design and Development (RADD) Manager will formulate a multi-year resource acquisition plan, in consultation with all relevant stakeholders. The Nutrition RADD Manager will be responsible for implementing the plan in partnership with relevant stakeholders. The position will represent World Vision’s interests to and develop/maintain relationships with relevant multilateral donors, bilateral government donors, and private sector, consistent with World Vision International and WV Support Office (SO) processes. The position will work closely with relevant WV partners (e.g., Country and Funding Offices, WV Nutrition, Health, and Agriculture colleagues) on resource acquisition, design and development in generating resources.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong technical disciplines with inspirational spiritual leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
- Strategic Planning: Nutrition Portfolio Multi-Year and Annual Strategy development, with Opportunity Analysis aligned with WV Child Well-Being Targets ( #3 - Improving Child Nutrition) and with WV Nutrition Framework (including multiple sectors)
- Implementation: Pre-proposal scoping, positioning and engagement
- Proposal Development: External and internal representation & management; and Proposal writing and editing to ensure technical quality & standards achieved
- Evaluation: Post-Submission
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Master’s degree in nutrition, public health, agriculture or international development fields.
- Public Health Nutrition experience in multi-sectoral programming, with strong knowledge of food security and/or maternal and child health contributions.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience in international relief and development in various geographical areas or extensive experience in one area.
- Significant experience in grant program acquisition and management including negotiation, design, budgeting, start-up, monitoring and close-out.
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills and ability to communicate the value of multiple sectors to achieve improved nutrition.
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Up to 30% travel required.
This challenging and rewarding role is focused on increasing WV’s contribution to scaling up nutrition globally.
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 15 Feb 2013. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Inspired by our Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people.
We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.