This is a final performance evaluation for the Feed the Future Bangladesh Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition (LPIN) Activity, hereafter referred as the Livestock and Nutrition Activity. The activity is being implemented by ACDI/VOCA. The Livestock and Nutrition Activity aims to increase nutritional outcomes by enhancing livestock productivity and income generation of rural households in the FTF Zone of Influence (ZOI) and Zone of Resilience (ZOR). The activity consists of three key components:
- Component 1: Increased livestock productivity through increased access to better livestock management techniques and primary animal health care services.
- Component 2: Improved access of rural households to hygienic, diverse, and quality food to enhance nutrition and health status, especially of women and children.
- Component 3: Improved nutrition-related behaviors of rural households.
The Nutrition Specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance in the evaluation of the activity. S/he will actively participate in the desk review of materials and assist the team leader in developing methodologies, work plans and report outlines. S/he will assist the team leader in setting up and conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders. S/he will participate in all meetings, site visits, and drafting the report. S/he will also participate in presenting the report to USAID or other stakeholders and be responsible for addressing pertinent comments provided by USAID/Bangladesh or other stakeholders. This position is available immediately and may require up to 46 days of effort through June 2021, tentatively.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Bangladeshi citizenship will be considered.**
- Guide the incorporation of nutrition and social behavior communication change issues within the evaluation’s design and data collection instruments.
- Support the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the inception report, draft report, final report, and presentations.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with the Team Lead and other team members.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nutrition science or public health.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the areas of nutrition sensitive agriculture programming and nutrition communications.
- Significant knowledge and experience in integrating nutrition in development interventions.
- Strong understanding and experience of nutrition communications and Social Behavior Communication Change (SBCC) tools and materials.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.