Global Communities seeks an experienced Nutrition Technical Advisor for the USAID Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) Activity. This activity will be a 5 year 38M program. The purpose of the program will be to enable children to have the strongest foundation to reach their full potential in life and improve health and nutritional outcomes for women and children in the first 1,000 days. This will require a multi-pronged and multi-sectoral approach and the Government of Rwanda.
The proposed Nutrition Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership and have responsibility for all activities associated with improving the nutritional status of the beneficiaries.
* A Master’s degree or higher in nutrition, public health, or in a closely related field is required;
* At least seven years of experience designing, implementing, or supporting nutrition programming, preferably in Rwanda is highly desired;
* Strong technical skills in essential nutrition actions, growth monitoring and promotion, and social and behavior change is desirable;
* Strong technical skills in multi-sectoral nutrition programming, including health, WASH and food security are preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to address SBC issues in improving nutritional status, especially for women and children in the first 1,000 days.
* Experience in nutrition research, monitoring and evaluation is highly desirable
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are highly desirable.
Residents of Rwanda are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.