Chemonics seeks an Objective 1 Lead – Utility Modernization for the USAID Southeast Asia Smart Power Program (SEA SPP) proposal. The purpose of the activity is to advance economic growth and development in Southeast Asia through ensuring secure and market-driven energy sectors. SEA SPP will focus on three objectives:
- Improve performance of energy utilities
- Increase deployment of advanced energy systems
- Enhance energy trade and integration
The project will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. We are looking for a highly capable professional with proven management skills, utility reform knowledge, and work experience in Southeast Asia. The ideal candidate will have more than 10 years of relevant experience, a desire to improve utility performance, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic direction, technical expertise, and oversee implementation of all regional and in-country activities under Objective 1, as applicable to assist the host-country and regional relevant stakeholders in the transition with adoption of modern practices, processes, and technologies, in close coordination with USAID’s and other donors’ activities, under the direct supervision of the chief of party
- Work with host-country institutions to build human and institutional capacity to improve operational efficiency and financial viability of energy utilities
- Lead regional and in-country activities, as applicable, for the establishment and adoption of competitive market policies, rules, and regulations
- Facilitate needs-based trainings for all levels of utility staff associated with the focus areas of the partnership working groups
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including private sector actors and other donors, serve as key liaison between the between host-country counterparts
- Advanced degree in relevant field such as Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, energy policy, business/finance, or another relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the energy sector
- Experience with large development projects delivering technical assistance and other services to public and private enterprises is highly desired
- Experience in the implementation and oversight of power generation, transmission, and distribution technologies
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, and bilateral and
- Experience serving as a liaison to government officials, donor organizations, and private sector companies
- Familiarity with the energy sector of Southeast Asia, including its key energy enterprises and reform
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to SEA-SPPRecruit@chemonics.com. Deadline for submission is May 17, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.