Occupational Standards Expert (m/f) – technical assistance for the support to skills development in India
Country of assignment and location
Project / Field of activity
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (IS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services in consortium with Cambridge University is going to submit their Expression of Interest for an up-coming EC-funded tender: DCI – technical assistance for the support to skills development in India.
The purpose of this contract is to increase the capacity of the Directorate-General for Employment and Training (DGE&T), the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT), and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to efficiently implement the policy agenda in the area of skills development.
3 results are expected:
result 1: enhanced capacity of DGE&T, NCVT and NSDC to apply and adopt a European best practice perspective, as and where relevant, in work relating to skills development;
result 2: substantial progress made in the development and maintenance of a National Vocational Qualifications Framework for India, including national occupational standards and competency mapping by job roles;
result 3: labour market information systems (LMIS) and analysis practices enhanced at the national level and at the level of a state/industrial cluster on a pilot basis.
- he/she will be responsible for the development of occupational standards,
- other specific project tasks and responsibilities are to be defined as soon as the Terms of Reference will be published.
Qualifications and skills
- Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g. preferably in education, social sciences,
- economics or engineering),
- Min. 10 years of relevant professional experience in education and training, Iifelong learning and related fields,
- International experience and knowledge of VET including development of occupational standards or National Qualifications Framework,
- At least three years working experience in the preparation and validation of occupational standards at different competence levels,
- Excellent managerial, administrative and analytical skills,
- Proven interpersonal, communication and document-drafting skills,
- Excellent command of English (written and oral), knowledge of Hindi would be an asset
- Professional experience in South Asia/ Asian countries would be an asset.
The intended commencement date of the project is January 2012, and the period of execution of the contract will be 54 months.
Ms. Annette Mueller-Roth
T +49 61 96 79-1483
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
We welcome job applications from people with disabilities.