Energy and Security Group (ESG) is currently searching for an Off-Grid Project Director with significant experience implementing off-grid electrification projects in Southeast Asia. Successful candidates will bring over 10 years of experience installing modern energy technologies to off-grid communities. CVs/resumes are to be submitted in English language. Applications without a CV/resume will not be considered.
The Off-Grid Project Director will be responsible for:
- Leading all technical off-grid design and implementation activities and a small team of staff members.
- Analyzing the technical and economic costs and benefits of installing various renewable energy technologies (hydro, solar) for off-grid community power systems
- Serving as a solutions architect, recommending technologies to deploy to communities
- Reviewing and recommending reform of government policies to enable commercialization of the renewable energy technology solutions.
- Identifying technical or cultural issues prohibiting off-grid system deployment and sustainment and recommend sustainable solutions.
- Identifying areas for private investment and public-private sector engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related field.
- 10 years of off-grid, renewable energy system issues, design, implementation in geographically challenging, rural, and developing countries preferrably in Southeast Asia.
- Experience working with developing country micro and social enterprises
- Experience developing policies for rural electrification in developing countries
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges/barriers to building sustainable off-grid energy systems in remote areas. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English is required.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at producing accurate and complete documents in a timely manner.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
ESG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity in our work force. ESG does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
About the Organization
The Energy and Security Group (ESG), a small business located in Reston, VA, USA actively works across the world to expand access to energy and deploy on grid and off grid clean energy technologies in urban and rural environments to improve economic performance, promote national energy security, and advance resource sustainability. ESG is looking to facilitate rural off-grid clean energy electrification and support energy sector regulatory reform in Southeast Asia.