ME&A seeks a personable, organized, forward thinking, technically savvy, engaging administrative professional to join our small, but dynamic office. The ideal candidate will be comfortable serving as the Office Administrator who is the first person that all internal and external guest meet and greet both in person and on the phone, who also provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, policies, and leading and/or monitoring administrative projects. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performance may encompass duties such as writing various correspondences, -, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects (i.e. proposals, recruiting, conference planning, etc.). The candidate will also, make minor updates to our web site, coordinate communication for our off-site employees, plan work anniversaries and/or outings, thoroughly research products, answer non-routine correspondence and assemble highly confidential and sensitive information. The candidate must be comfortable dealing with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures. No administrative task should be too big or small for the hard-working multifaceted engaging professional.
- Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries in a timely manner.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk .
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, which may also include high-level staff such as management team. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Exceptional customer services skills with greeting guest, providing them coffee or water.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the department. Retrieves information from files when needed. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines, or other materials as needed.
- Maintains company calendar for anniversary, birthday, party coordination, etc.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Answers phones for the office. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Job duties may require candidate to act as project lead for special projects, at the request of management, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final document copy.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- If applicable, coordinates the division of workload with other project managers.
- Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipates needed supplies; researches, places and expedites orders for supplies; verifies receipt of supplies.
- Ensures the company break room is properly cleaned and ready for occasional events.
- Ensures operations of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- At least 5 years of previous experience working in a corporate office environment in an administrative/office management capacity.
- At least 5 years of computer experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Organized, conscientious, independent professional
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment in a fast-paced office
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.