The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) brings together multiple private sector and non-governmental organizations that are among the most trusted names in supply chain management and international public health and development in the world. PFSCM has been recognized internationally for its work to save lives through stronger public health supply chains; the partnership won two supply chain distinction awards from the European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit in 2010 and was a finalist in the 2012 Supply Chain Innovation Award Competition sponsored by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and SupplyChainBrain.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a major financing institution in the fight against these diseases in 140 countries. The Global Fund selected PFSCM to be its primary Procurement Agent for Global Fund principal recipients, under its Pooled Procurement Mechanism aimed at ensuring a cost-effective and efficient procurement process that meets all the Global Fund standards for a Procurement Agent. This service provides support to countries to resolve procurement bottlenecks and supply chain management challenges and to facilitate timely access to pharmaceuticals and other health products.
In addition, PFSCM implements other supply chain management projects with other client/donors including the Malaria Consortium and several developing country governments.
The Office Manager is responsible to support the management of the PMO-NL office. The Office Manager is expected to provide prompt, courteous services to all levels of PFSCM staff at the PMO, as well as external relationships. The Office Manager serves as the primary contact for the daily facility operations of the PMO, and is responsible for escalations, as appropriate.
- Serve as primary contact to building management for maintenance, HVAC, security issues and any other needed facilities support from the building landlord.
- Maintain and annually update the RI & E and the Plan of Approach, working with senior management.
- Order and maintain office supplies, equipment, and furniture, as necessary.
- Report issues concerning copiers, printers, scanners, or other equipment to respective service supplier or point of contact.
- Coordinate the building security access and escalate security issues as necessary.
- Assist staff presentations and meeting set up, including catering and/or location rental as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate staff meetings and social events, as directed.
- Prepares welcome kits, name plates, and mail folders for new staff with the HR Manager.
- Maintain the professional look of the office by managing contract cleaners, building maintenance, and facility repair.
- Maintain kitchen and break areas, work and storage rooms/areas.
Finance & Accounting support:
- Open, date stamp, and route incoming invoices for coding, verification, documentation collection, and approval; forward invoices and coordinate with Finance Unit as needed.
- Administer Concur Expense and Travel and PMO-NL based staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate invoice (freight, commodities and others) related issues and concerns with other units routinely.
- Coordinate communications between Finance and Global Supply Chain Units on buffer activities and documentation related issues, as directed.
- Answer office phone and route appropriately.
- Greet and interact with visitors and staff.
- Maintain logs and files for daily mail deliveries as well as logs for shipments and local couriers, as needed.
- Assist with shipping of mail going out of office to various locations (domestic and international).
- Maintain marketing materials and letterhead inventory and orders as needed, working with Communications.
- 5+ years of receptionist or administrative responsibilities in an office setting.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in an office with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- English fluency required. Dutch is a plus.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting deadlines.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to perform other duties as required.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Salary commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities in the US and around the Globe.
JSI's mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
For over 35 years, JSI and our affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and more than 40 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff.