1. Supports effective program financial management and adherence to financial and contractual policies and procedures in designated areas.
* Communicates and coordinates with relevant departments to provide accurate analysis to the field and to monitor and report on compliance.
* Manages HQ portion of draw request and projections. Reviews field portion of draw request and projections. Manages the program projection and draw request process.
* Reviews program budgets FY and LOP financial projections against work plans, obligation amounts, donor agreements and past spending. Works with Senior/Program Manager and field offices to make necessary adjustments.
* Conducts analysis of expenditures and annual/LOP spending projections. Provides recommendations to program teams on mitigating actions. Analyzes monthly burn rates of all programs against projections and work plans.
* Gathers and processes matching contributions information on all programs. Works with field and finance to reconcile any differences in reported match. Tracks contributions against life of project match requirements.
* Monitors program obligations and reports their status. Alerts when increased obligations are required.
* Reviews payment of invoices from consultants, partners, and vendors.
* In coordination with the field and Manager, monitors international partner sub awards including agreements, budgets, and deliverables.
2. Ensures program deliverables are met through coordination with the Program Management Team. Roles may include:
* Monitors program performance and identifies performance trends, including partner performance. Investigates problems, develops solutions, and coordinates with appropriate HQ and field personnel to resolve issues.
* Reviews program deliverables including quarterly, annual, semi-annual and final reports and annual work plans for quality, compliance, and timely submission.
* Provides program updates and analysis to HQ and field management.
* Coordinates (or leads when delegated) program start-up and closeout activities.
* Reconciles project financial management with calendar of project deliverables through coordination with field finance and monitoring and evaluation teams
3. Serves on proposal teams as assigned to contribute to both proposal coordination and administration as well as technical research and design as needed. Roles may include but are not limited to:
* Creating cost centers and proposal team budgets, and working with pricing staff to support budget design for new programs.
* Processing consultant agreements for proposals and tracking consultant deliverables and payments.
* Conducting research on country background information, sectoral best practices, competitor strengths and weaknesses and other information needed for proposal designs.
* Identifying and maintaining relations with potential local and international partner organizations.
* Serving as a liaison between Global Communities’ department, field teams, HQ-based proposal teams, and partner organizations to facilitate information gathering and proposal design.
* Writing assigned proposal sections, including, but not limited to, background statements, technical components, cross-cutting issues, management and staffing, or organizational capacity.
* Contributing to assigned strategy designs, including engagement in design sessions and inputs to results frameworks and theories of change.
* Conducting pre-capture and post-solicitation field assessments.
4. Supports knowledge management and thought leadership across Global Communities.
* Investigate problems and design solutions to ensure improved program implementation and management. Participates in the development and review of project management tools and manuals and improvement of systems and processes.
* Work with technical directors and program managers to produce knowledge products and build organization’s technical expertise (e.g., blogs, briefings, presentations, concept notes, brownbags, communities of practice, theories of change, white papers, capturing lessons learned).
* Work with field and HQ M&E staff to contribute to program monitoring and evaluation activities as assigned.
* Work with field and knowledge management staff in development and tracking of work plans, PMPs, and other M&E deliverables.
5. Assume responsibilities of Senior/Program Manager or Associate for limited periods when they are on travel or leave.
6. Contributes to training and mentoring Associates and new Officers.
7. Travel to the field to provide program STTA.
8. Represents Global Communities at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
9. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an Officer to join the Global Health and Governance technical pillar at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Officer monitors and analyzes financial and program performance to identify potential issues; ensures contractual and procurement compliance; and contributes to new business development. The level of effort and specific activities on programming and business development will be based on the assigned portfolio and may vary from time to time.