SNV Head Office is looking for a:
Online Communication Officer
Based at the Head Office in The Hague (Netherlands)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative English writer or editor with online skills that will give a boost to SNV’s online information and profiling (both internally and externally). We offer you a job in a passionate international organisation. SNV is one of the largest Dutch development organisations. We have operations in 36 countries worldwide and a small support unit in The Hague. The online communication officer is part of a small communication team within that unit.
- Keep the SNV website (Drupal based) up to date and attractive by actively contributing content
- Monitor SNV website use and make suggestions for improvement
- Continuously improve functionality of the website
- Training and support to country communication officers or focal points and sector leaders in maintaining their webpages
- Stimulating staff in using the website for knowledge sharing and profiling
- Keep the publications library up to date
- Keep the SNV intranet (Sharepoint based) up to date and attractive by actively contributing content
- Make the SNV intranet better targeted to field needs
- Monitor SNV intranet use and make suggestions for improvement
- Training and support of staff in using the intranet
- Promoting the intranet internally as a tool for knowledge and information sharing
- Monitor the web for any references to SNV
- Maintain SNV’s social media platforms on Linkedin, Twitter, Wikipedia, and Facebook with content contributions
- Monitor trends in social media and assess them on potential relevance for SNV
- Stimulate, train as well as support staff in using social media for knowledge sharing and profiling
You will actively work together with the communication officers, focal points at country level and sector leaders. You will also work very closely with staff responsible for knowledge development and we expect you to work as a team with SNV’s ICT unit.
First and foremost, you are a writer. You are able to make an attractive story from any complex report. Furthermore, you know your way in the social media landscape. You like to find out new things on the web, you have an active social media network and are an innovator when it comes to new online tools. Yet you have enough knowledge and experience in professional communication to know and feel what works and what not in online communication. You have a strategic vision on online communication, but are also prepared to spend a considerable amount of your time on rather straightforward tasks like uploading information to the website and intranet.
- Excellent writer;
- Native speaker in English (both verbal and writing), knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- Advanced general computer skills;
- Active user of social media;
- Experience with SharePoint, HTML or Drupal is a big asset;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- A strong communicator who connects between ICT, Communications and the internal clients;
- Independent, yet a real team player.
Desired appointment date: ASAP
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension
Please note that you must be in possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands in order to apply for this position. There is no relocation and/or expat package offered.
More about SNV
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation. We believe that no-one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development.
Starting out in the Netherlands more than 40 years ago, we now work in 36 of the poorest countries worldwide. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services - empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
By sharing our specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, we contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today – helping to find local solutions to global challenges and sowing the seeds of lasting change.
SNV aims to make a lasting difference in the lives of 40 million people living in poverty over the period 2011-2015.
For more information, visit our website: www.snvworld.org