POSITION TITLE: Operational/financial director
LOCATION: Niamey, Niger or Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Winrock is a recognized leader in the field of multiple use water services, water security, and climate change adaptation, and implements worldwide a range of large USAID programs.
Winrock is looking for operational/financial directors with significant experience implementing donor-funded activities in Burkina Faso and Niger for the upcoming USAID-funded RISE II Water Security & Resilience Activity. This Activity is meant to enhance social and ecological risk management systems so that “Chronically vulnerable populations in Burkina Faso and Niger effectively manage shocks and stresses and pursue sustainable pathways out of poverty.” This will be achieved through three components:
- Improved water security
- Enhanced sustainable productive land use
- Improved management of shocks, risks, and stresses
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Lead monitoring of compliance with USAID regulations and Winrock’s policies, as well as with host country legal framework.
- Develop and maintain the various project management trackers. Establish and maintain Activity files to record all correspondence, deliverables, publications, and documents.
- Lead or assist subcontracting processes to achieve technical targets. Notably ensure the required approvals to ensure compliance with internal and external contract and policy requirements.
- Lead or assist with project budget preparation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Leads processing invoices, subcontractors’ costs, expense reports, etc., and their entry into accounting systems.
- Support recruitment of short- and long-term staff; oversee onboarding of new staff.
- Serves as primary contact for Activity staff, consultants, and subcontractors on administrative items. Notably advise on all operational policies and procedures
- Provide logistical support for Activity staff and for field interventions, and that all such activities are done in accordance with company policy and USAID and governmental regulations.
- Performs other project management and contact administration duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Degree required in financial management, accounting, HR, logistics, or other related field.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working on international development programs required.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in financial and project management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- Work experience in Burkina Faso and/or Niger is required.
- Demonstrated ability to propose solutions to complex managerial or operational problems.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational and decision-making skills as well as professional maturity, versatility, discretion, service and integrity.
- Ability to successfully government authorities at different levels.
- Strong communication skills, and fluency in French is required. Fluency in English is a plus.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.