Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages the Justice Services and Stability for Development Program (JSS4D) which provide support to Papua New Guinea (PNG) through targeted assistance to PNG’s law and justice agencies, provincial governments, the Autonomous Region of Bougainville and civil society groups. PNG’s efforts to reduce family and sexual violence and corruption will be specifically supported. The program will be implemented through four inter-related outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Community safety and security
- Outcome 2: Addressing Family and sexual violence
- Outcome 3: Effective law and justice services
- Outcome 4: Anti-corruption
In this role you will lead operations and budget management for the JSS4D program ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, efficient use of resources and effective delivery of program outcomes.
The Terms of Reference containing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here:Terms of Reference
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the management and leadership of teams. Ability to mentor and capacity build a team of locally engaged staff. Experience working as part of a senior management team that oversees both technical and operational aspects of a large program.
- High-level interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, and an excellent ability to develop and maintain results-focused relationships, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a complex cross cultural operating environment.
- Demonstrated skills and extensive experience in operational aspects of program management; including financial management, budgeting and reporting, human resource management, security, fraud control, logistics, donor reporting and compliance and procurement preferably in an international development context. Strong excel skills and ability to use financial management tools and software or learn quickly.
- Tertiary qualifications in one of the following areas: business administration, financial management and logistics operations management. Demonstrated experience in similar operations management positions highly desirable.
Duration: Approximately 16 months (until December 2019, plus the option for extension).
This position will be remunerated in line with theAustralian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework and will be offered at a level commensurate of the successful candidates experience relevant to the role, within the following classification Discipline Group C, Job Level 3.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the “apply” button below. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria
For any enquiries about this position, please contact recruitment.internationaldevelopment[@]cardno.com quoting “JSS4D - Ops and Budget Manager” in your email subject line.
5pm, Wednesday 15 August 2018 (local time).
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.