International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development, and poverty reduction. IDG is currently implementing the USAID Egyptian Economic Governance for Development Project (EGDP), which is based in Cairo, Egypt. To support the Cairo office, IDG is seeking an experienced Operations and Finance Manager with recent expertise directly managing USAID contracts, overseeing budgets, and leading financial and operational activities. Qualifications and responsibilities are listed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Preference will be given to local candidates.
The Operations and Finance Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead overall project field operations including financial, administrative, procurement, logistics, and human resource responsibilities
- In coordination with the home office, ensure project compliance with USAID and IDG procedures, rules, and regulations
- Record all financial transactions into accounting system; manage project funding needs; develop, manage, and monitor field project budgets; and prepare financial reports to the home office
- Manage all field procurements and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained from management
- Ensure the timely submission of financial reports and monthly field expenses
- Manage payments to vendors and ensure that all paid invoices have supporting documentation, including price quotes per IDG’s and USAID’s procedures for procurement
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
- Coordinate regularly with the IDG home office and provide timely updates on finance and operations matters
- Manage project operations including office space, equipment, logistics, and other administrative duties
- Make logistical arrangements for the team and manage drivers and vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business, finance or international development field, Master’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar financial, compliance, and operational role supporting USAID and international donor projects. Recent direct USAID experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing the budgeting and financial reporting requirements on multi-million-dollar USAID-funded projects
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
- Familiarity with USG Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules
- Demonstrated ability to prepare deliverables, including Quarterly and Annual Progress and Financial Reports, Budgets, and other reporting to USAID
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare financial and procurement related documents clearly in English
- Ability to proactively lead the finance, operations, and procurement procedures
- Strong proficiency utilizing a Windows operating system (Window 10 or recent), Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) and a Gmail interface is required, familiarity with SharePoint is a plus
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG assistance programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-for-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact for their communities. Since its foundation in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 25 countries.
IDG has worked for USAID and other international donors for 25 years, on over 30 projects, in over 25 countries, including: Afghanistan, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Brazil, Chile, Georgia, Ghana, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Macedonia, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia, Ukraine, West Indies.
Founded in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development projects worldwide for USAID and other donors. IDG has extensive experience managing USAID Economic Growth IDIQ contracts and projects, as a small-business prime holder of the PFM IDIQ, Global Business Trade and Investment (GBTI II) IQC, earlier as a prime holder of Omnibus I and Omnibus II, and also as a subcontractor on Macro II. IDG currently implements, as a prime contractor, significant USAID EG projects in Azerbaijan, Tunisia, and, over the last four years, has worked also in Armenia, Lebanon, Liberia, Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria, South Africa, and Macedonia.
International Development Group (IDG) is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).