Job Title/Grade: Operations Associate I/II
Department: Operational Excellence
Reports to: Manager, USG Operations and Systems
Function of the Position:
The USG Operations and Systems Associate I/II will provide administrative and logistical support to the Training and Capacity Building (T&CB) Team. The incumbent will coordinate, support, and assist with USG training logistics and USG Delivery onboarding efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Training and Capacity Building
- Serves as the main point of contact for USG Field Procurement Training (FPT) logistics and coordination. Maintains FPT budget, tracks participants, and chairs FPT task force meetings.
- Assists with all operational aspects of the onboarding process for USG Delivery new hires.
- Helps with coordination of training programs and quarterly USG orientations.
- Maintains T&CB owned onboarding materials, such as the COP orientation, the Associate Survival Guide, USG Learning Plans, and all other USG training and onboarding materials.
- Coordinates the logistics and supports the roll-out of all USG training initiatives.
- Assists in the development and design of new USG trainings, and contributes to keeping current USG trainings up to date.
- Liaises with content owners to coordinate the USG monthly training calendar. Inputs information into iLearn, and secures reservations into the class calendar.
- Fields USG related iLearn questions and troubleshoots as needed.
- Contributes to USG annual training strategy planning.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Helps with collecting, analyzing, and reporting training evaluation data. Specifically for the FPT and USG Orientation. Contributes to data analysis to identify business unit needs, and where improvements can be made.
- Inputs training data into iLearn and reports on data pulled from that system.
- Supports the design and development of USG training-related tools and resources aimed at improving USG business unit operational efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Coordinates weekly communications from USG Finance and Operations to USG Delivery staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe.
Additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 1 year of administrative experience and a master’s degree
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shift priorities quickly without compromising quality of work
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Understanding of/interest in the international development field
- 1 year experience working on USAID funded projects
- Understanding of/interest in training and adult learning
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.