ESHE is a Family Planning (FP) project funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID). It is managed by a consortium of expert partners and agencies led by Palladium. The programme, which is implemented across 24 priority Counties of Kenya, is designed to respond to the needs of the Government of Kenya (GOK) in reducing unmet need and increasing the contraceptive prevalence rate. ESHE’s results also contribute to the global FP initiative, FP2020. FP is not only a key intervention for improving health but also a key strategy for the achievement of national and international development goals. Identified as a priority component in the Kenyan National Reproductive Health Policy, ESHE facilitates growth of the private FP market by offering specific and targeted support to a network of qualified and registered service providers/facilities comprising of 60 integrated health kiosks and close to 200 private health clinics. The project is headquartered in Nairobi with regional offices in Eldoret and Kisumu.
Purpose of Role
The main objective of the Operations Assistant role will be to assist and provide support to the core programme team and short term personnel in all operational, logistical and administrative tasks. The Operations Assistant will report to the ESHE Senior Finance & Operations Manager. The role is based in Nairobi.
This is a two month fixed term contract.
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
* Provide operational, logistical and administrative support to the programme including any reporting required therein
* Organise all travel and logistics arrangements required by the programme and the team, acting as a liaison between the team and travel service providers
* Ensuring value for money (VFM) across all office operations & project procurements, including providing quarterly reports on VFM to Sen Finance & Operations Manager (SFOM).
* Work in conjunction with SFOM & HQ-based management, operations and finance staff to ensure that donor and organisational requirements, policies and procedures are met.
* Responsibility for office IT (including but not limited to: liaising with internet service providers, outsourced IT support provider, Palladium IT support team)
* Focal point for electronic filing system (arranging orientation on system for staff, dealing with queries, troubleshooting issues and referring as appropriate)
* Jointly responsible with Finance Assistant for ensuring completeness of all procurement files
* Compile and distribute minutes of team meetings
* Ensure compliance with DFID rules and regulations on vehicle use and maintenance, including review of vehicle log books.
* Coordinate vehicle maintenance and upkeep for both Nairobi office and Regional Office vehicles
* Responsible for monitoring tracking software for vehicle use and security purposes, in line with vehicle usage policy
* Provide inputs for Monthly Management Reports (on travel, procurements, vehicle usage, HR/Leave) to Finance and Administration Manager
* Responsible for ensuring that Asset Insurance is up to date, and following up on pending claims
* Responsible for ensuring that Medical Insurance of Staff and Dependents is up to date, as well as being focal point for any queries or claims
* Responsible for ensuring that Work Injury Benefits (WIBA) and Group Life cover is up to date for all staff, as well as being focal point for any queries or claims
* Coordinate and manage all project procurement (including review of purchase orders and verification of supplier invoices)
* Ensure efficient HR processes- recruitment and contract management (coordinate recruitment and contracting process and facilitate contract renewals after approval by the Team Leader)
* Responsible for ensuring timely completion of monthly timesheets on bi-monthly basis by all staff and county coordinators, including following up on any challenges experienced
* Responsible for coordination of leave management
* On-boarding of new staff (including collating orientation schedule)
* Responsible for coordination of recruitment (including liaising with project management team)
* Any other duties as required, including in relation to support of the smooth running of the ESHE Programme
Minimum education and experience required
* A Degree in business administration, purchasing and supply or relevant field
* 5 years’ experience as a purchasing/procurement officer and in HR management in an NGO environment, preferably donor-funded.
* Effective experience of administering contracts
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of procurement requirements and vendor resourcing
* Strong computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Package i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Understanding of Kenyan laws governing human resource management
* Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.