Chemonics seeks an operations assistant for the Injaz Program, funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA). Injaz assists children and youth in Raqqa and eastern Syria who have had limited or no access to education since ISIS began its occupation of the area in 2013. Recognizing the negative impact the fighting has had on the well-being of children and educational infrastructure, Injaz supports school rehabilitation, psychosocial support for students (PSS), and remedial education through sub-awards to local institutions, such as municipal councils and community organizations. The projects reach students not only in city schools but also in child centers and camps for internally displaced persons. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain digital and hard-copy files, ensuring that all correspondence and documents are stored in accordance with filing system; perform regular audits on sub-award, personnel, and procurement files
- Assist technical staff by conducting visual compliance checks for sub-awards, and provide vetting submission and tracking support
- Track project-office and field inventory by reviewing and maintaining procurement and inventory trackers, monitor the use of all office supplies, procure supplies as necessary, and arrange for and oversee the maintenance of all office equipment
- Act as office’s first point of contact for visiting guests and clients; receive all visitors and direct them as necessary
- Assist with all project-related travel, hotel accommodations, and in-country transportation, including for international consultants and home-office support
- Confirm the list of attendees for meetings, arrange for meeting space, and oversee other logistics as necessary
- Assist the operations and program manager with managing vendor relationships with apartment landlords and office building management
- Assist the operations and program manager with procurement procedures by collecting quotations from vendors and ensuring deliverables are received on time and comply with the contract’s terms
- Assist the operations and program manager with ensuring that all timesheets are filled out correctly, payroll packages are accurate and complete, and employee leave requests are documented
- Assist with maintaining the operations budget and with completing petty cash duties
- Assist the accountant with occasional auditing of expenses, such as transportation and lodging expenses
- Assist with any human resource needs, including screening candidates, serving on interview panels, collecting verification and immigration documentation, onboarding staff, and facilitating orientation and departure
- Perform tasks assigned by the operations and program manager, chief of party, and program officers
- Legal work permit documentation for work in Berlin, Germany
- Successful completion of commercial apprenticeship (kaufmännische Berufsausbildung)
- Experience in office administration or project management
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary teams and culturally diverse staff
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, partners, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and proficiency in German or Arabic required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Operations Assistant” in the subject line to RecruitmentInjaz@chemonics.com by January 31, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.