The Sahel CCST is currently supporting COVID 19 responses of 9 NS under the Sahel CCST: Cap Vert, Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, Guinee, Guinee Bissau, Chad, Burkina Faso and The Gambia RC. The role of the Operations coordinator is to oversee the overall planning, implementation, reporting and compliance for the Sahel CCST COVID-19 Operation. This will include coordination and technical support to 9 Sahel NS in the implementation of their Plans of Actions as well as close coordination with movement partners and external stakeholders. The Operations Coordinator, together with the COVID-19 Focal point for the Sahel CCST, is the main point of contact for Participating National Societies (PNS) and external partners on all operational issues. The Operations Coordinator will be the line manager of the following Surge capacities deployed to support Sahel NS: 1 Ops Manager Chad, 1 Ops Manager Mauritania, 1 Ops Manager Guinea Bissau and 1 CASH expert. Moreover, the Operations Coordination will work in collaboration with the IFRC Planning, Monitoring and Reporting (PMER) as well as Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) departments to ensure technical support to NS, as well as to comply with IFRC requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In the framework of the IFRC COVID-19 Global Appeal:
- Assume overall responsibility for planning, implementing and reporting of COVID-19 operations in the 9 NS part of the Sahel CCST.
- Contribute to the processes related to the COVID-19 Global Appeal, including plan of action and budget revision, provision of recommendations on the scope and content of plans of action (EPoA) and budgets in line with standard operating procedures and guidelines. Promoting the participation of Sahel NS in webinars and trainings organized by the IFRC and/or external stakeholders.
- Ensure technical needs of NS are addressed by creating training opportunities (ex. PSS training) or promoting peer to peer exchanges.
- Ensure a constant and strong operational coordination is maintained with Movement partners including:
- i)leading and participating in Movement calls for each NS.
- ii) sharing tools through the Sahel CCST COVID-19 platform.
- iii) updating “NS Contingency Plans VS contributions” documents.
- Ensure the continuous analysis of the epidemiological situation in the Sahel sub-region and dissemination of information.
- Manage the performance of 4 surge delegates: 1 Ops Manager Chad, 1 Ops Manager Mauritania, 1 Ops Manager Guinee Bissau, 1 CASH expert.
- Support the CCST in developing Concept Notes for COVID-19 operations to be presented to external stakeholders.
- Support the CCST in mobilizing additional human resources to be based in one of the NS, including fundraising and recruitment process;
- Ensure that ongoing or future operations in the Sahel sub-region, different from COVID-19 ones, take into consideration COVID-19 impact on activities.
- Supervise the implementation and monitoring of quality activities, with attention to context monitoring and achievement of results, ensuring that rigorous monitoring and evaluation framework is being applied to measure progress against set objectives.
- Ensure technical guidance for operations in Health, WASH, Livelihoods and basic needs, Protection and Gender Inclusion (PGI) and Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA), communication, logistics, Information Management, as required.
- Manage the effective and proper use of assets, financial resources and facilities according to Red Cross Red Crescent and IFRC standard procedures in order to comply with accountability requirements
- Ensure full compliance of operations with Red Cross Red Crescent principles, IFRC rules, regulations and policies
- Support the consultation, collaboration and coordination of IFRC with key external partners responding to COVID-19 in the Sahel sub-region including Government agencies and UN partners, particularly WHO
- Ensure that timely and accurate financial and narrative reports are prepared and are in line with requirements specified in the project agreement or standard Federation reporting guidelines;
- Ensure that the progress of the operation is routinely monitored by the PMER officer against the key deliverables and milestones articulated in the response strategy and plan.
- Ensure that NS response is appropriate and aligned with the SPHERE guidelines.
- Participate in COVID-19 and Interagency coordination meetings
- Perform any other tasks related to the COVID-19 operation requested by the Head of Cluster
- Basic Delegates Training Course, IMPACT or equivalent
- Relevant university degree or extensive professional experience in related field
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
- 5 years’ experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization in disaster management in developing countries
- 5 years’ experience of analysing, planning, and managing relief and development programmes and resources
- 3 years’ experience of managing, coaching, and supporting staff Experience of planning and managing finances and budgets
- Experience of acting in a senior representational role
- Experience of managing or coordinating complex disaster response and recovery operations
Knowledge, skills and languages
- High motivation for improvement and ability to deliver in a challenging environment
- Dedication, commitment and integrity
- Problem solving abilities
- Communication, analytical and reporting skills
- Self-supporting in computers
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- Ability to manage operation and teams from remote
- Strong interpersonal skills and good understanding of the global organization
- Written and verbal communication skills required for interactions at all levels
- Ability to work toward tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Fluently spoken and written in French and English
Competencies and values
National Society Relations Results Focus & Accountability Teamwork Communications Professional Mastery Innovation Integrity Diversity
Deadline: 06 July 2020