Winrock International is seeking an Operations Director for an anticipated 5-year USAID funded program in Myanmar. The program, Burma Agri-Food Systems Activity, will facilitate the transformation of agriculture and food systems in Myanmar by increasing the productivity, inclusiveness and competitiveness of key value chains.
The Operations Director shall report to and work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure the effective overall management, administration and technical implementation of the project. He/she will also oversee the efficient operation of the administrative, financial, human resources/staff management, and logistical aspects of the project, ensuring that these functions are fully aligned with programmatic priorities and objectives.
- Responsible for day-to-day project implementation, including management and oversight of the financial and administrative aspects of the project, including procurement, grants, sub-contracts, accounting, IT, logistics, human resources, transportation and administration.
- Supervise a team of finance, procurement and administrative professionals.
- Provide support to the COP and work with technical, operations and functional managers to ensure that project activities are being effectively implemented and in compliance with Winrock International and USAID policies and regulations.
- Liaise with finance, administrative, and logistics staff to ensure that all operational activities are executed in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the overall program planning, monitoring and reporting to ensure timely and efficient progress in line with project goals and objectives.
- Provide input and review for project documents including annual work plans, quarterly and weekly reports, and communications materials.
- Liaise with USAID staff in country to facilitate program activities, and maintain relationships with partners, grantees and other project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred, in business administration, international development, public policy, or related field.
- At least 10 years work experience working in similar positions on USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project and operations management and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies and regulations regarding financial management systems and reporting, procurement processes, and grants management.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate activities with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent organization skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
- Complete fluency in written and oral English is required.
*Note: Only qualified Myanmar nationals will be considered for this position.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.