Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the role of Operations Director. The Operations Director will support the implementation of USAID’s Ukraine Energy Security through Competitive Energy Markets Program (UCEM). The UCEM Program is an $85 million contract to support the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to increase the financially sustainable delivery of clean energy services to spur the economic and social development of the country. This is a full-time position, based in Kiev, Ukraine.
For the implementation of this high-profile program, the Operations Director is responsible for: the management of all operations in adherence to USAID and US Government regulations; the management of $40 million in procurement and grants; coordination with the home office and corporate personnel on program start-up and through the life of the assignment; and, the management of the field administrative team of Ukrainian nationals including a Procurement Clerk and Grants Manager. The Operations Director is responsible for all operational decisions of the program in consultation with the Chief of Party.
* Manage all operational aspects of the program including the activities of the financial, administrative and human resources personnel.
* Supervise all non-technical national staff and oversee the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process of national staff in coordination with Tetra Tech home office staff.
* Develop and/or maintain various internal program manuals such as the operations, employee manual and emergency response plan, based upon policies and templates provided by Tetra Tech.
* Maintain required reporting to the home office on estimated costs to complete the program, and any potential risks to successful implementation; and prepare and review monthly accrual reports.
* Draft and negotiate subcontracts in compliance with US Government procurement regulations.
* Review all program field office bank records for accuracy and compliance with the U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and USAID regulations.
* Review detailed monthly and quarterly financial reports for USAID.
* Review and negotiate complex large budgets (FFP, CPFF, and T&M) with Subcontractors.
* Review and resolve complex intercompany contracting issues and invoices.
* Liaise directly with USAID to settle any invoicing, contractual, and operational issues and questions.
* Participate and respond to the government during audits and financial reviews.
* Address complex international tax and VAT filing issues.
* Manage all procurement activities.
* Ensure that program deliverables are submitted to the Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC), per the contract’s requirements.
* Ensure the program’s compliance with USAID regulations and Tetra Tech’s corporate policies.
* A bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to international development or business administration.
* 7+ years of relevant experience with a USAID assignment of similar size and scope.
* Specific experience managing large procurements with USAID funding and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
* Experience supervising staff is required.
* Experience working in Ukraine, Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union is preferred.
* Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Ukrainian, Russian is preferred.
* Ability to handle a high volume of large, complex tasks.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference list
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://ow.ly/LZCq30kMrzo
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.