The International Education Division is currently accepting applications for Operations Director for the anticipated USAID-funded “Improved Basic Education in the Kyrgyz Republic activity (IBE-KR). The 5-year activity seeks to improve learning outcomes for 300,000 students in grades one through four. Successful candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Positions are based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
The Operations Director will provide operational management in coordination with the Chief of Party (COP) and other members of the project leadership team. S/he will ensure quality and timely operational support for program activities, and lead reporting activities for the project. The Operations Director will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in all operational and financial management aspects of the project.
- Ensure quality and timely operational support for program activities, and lead reporting activities for the project.
- Responsible for the oversight of the finance and administration, human resources, IT, communications, and grants management functions; supporting operational activities to effectively be implemented.
- Oversee the intersection of contract, budget, and technical work, engaging appropriate RTI contract and finance staff as needed.
- Lead the development of annual work plans, performance milestone plans, and associated budgeting. Support the USAID review and approval process, with close collaboration with the COP.
- Ensure the timely and quality reporting of all program technical and financial deliverables in accordance with USAID guidelines. Works closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation team and technical areas to ensure that deliverables are submitted to USAD in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated, interfacing with USAID as needed.
- Ensure that contractual and internal approval requirements (e.g., waivers, approval memos) are met, and prepare justifications supporting these actions in coordination with project leadership and business support groups.
- Monitor budget analyses/reports and project cost reports/invoices against contract requirements, implementation progress and general cost reasonability; alert management team to necessary contractual or management actions based on that review (e.g., LOE or line item reallocation, need to improve T&M contract performance, etc.).
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants and subcontractors; perform the actions necessary to initiate appropriate contractual mechanisms.
- Master’s degree (preferred) in education, social sciences or related field preferred, with a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of nine 5 years of operation management experience in support of large-scale international development programs, education specific preferred.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID.
- Ability to build consensus and demonstrated ability to develop high performing teams.
- Strong ability to work across technical and operational areas within business group and corporate.
- Strong communication, both oral and written, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop excellent relations with donor officials and key local stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.