World Vision (WV) is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Operations Director, WV Jerusalem West Bank Gaza, you will provide overall leadership to the Operations team in World Vision Jerusalem West Bank Gaza (WV JWG). As a senior leader in WV JWG, you will foster an enabling environment to ensure the successful implementation of on-time, efficient, effective, quality programmes that enable WV JWG to achieve World Vision’s strategic objectives, WV JWG’s national office strategy, and the well-being of children in the occupied Palestinian territories. You will oversee the implementation of the private and public programme portfolio, including leadership development and staff care of a large team composed of zonal and technical staff, as well as associated systems, security procedures, risk management, safeguarding, and compliance. You will have a high level of internal and external engagement and coordination across departments within WV JWG and with government and civil society partners.
- Advanced degree in Developmental Studies, Public Policy, International Relations, Business Management, or any relevant Social Sciences and/or 8+ years of experience in a combination of emergency response, development programming, and fragile contexts
- Experience in development programmes and sponsorship with a clear contribution to ensuring technical rigour.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience in complex/protracted environments with at least sub-national fragility.
- Must possess knowledge of humanitarian industry, including Sphere standards, HAP, NGO Code of Conduct, and Humanitarian Charter.
- Must possess experience in staff security, safety management, and staff care within a complex, insecure, and fragile environment.
- Familiarity with EU, USAID/OFDA, UNICEF and other grant compliance and procedures.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 20 OCT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.