Creative Associates seeks an Operations Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Kosovo. The project will focus on preventing violent extremism among youth.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement and information technology of the program in the fluid and complex operational environment. In the absence of the Chief of Party (COP), the Operations Manager will serve as the COP.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Operations Manager will support the COP in the management of program operations and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the Procurement team, the Office Manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensure smooth implementation in geographic areas of operation.
- Ensure that project implementation is compliant with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Assure fair and transparent procurement processes.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Kosovo and/or Western Balkans;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Carry out day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Familiarity with or experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus;
- Experience starting up a new field office, experience with rules and regulations in Kosovo and/or Western Balkans a plus;
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.