Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Operations Manager will:
- Manage the delivery of finance, HR, IT, logistic, contracting and grant management procedures and services for the efficient and effective implementation of programs
- Collaborate with the technical teams to understand the operational requirements needed to implement the whole of program work plan
- Be Responsible for program budget planning, forecasting and reporting
- Work closely with technical personnel and budget holder, develop, manage and report against program annual budgets
- Support delivery of strategy and work plans by implementing and effectively managing administrative and operational functions - this will require working closely with program technical personnel to understand their operational needs and deliver responsive services
- Be responsible for development of, compliance with and continuous improvement of the program Operations Manual, ensure all operational and administrative policies and procedures are consistent with DFAT, Abt and Philippines requirements and ensure all documentation required during audit is saved and filed in line with company requirements
- Work closely with Australian-based Abt offices to ensure seamless, whole of company approaches to provision of operational support to the project
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key duties is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- At least 10 years’ experience working in finance, HR, legal, procurement, event management, international development or related soles, at least 5 years’ experience in a similar program role
- Track record in effective and efficient team and administrative management
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key requirements is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
Further Information & Application
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday 22nd October 2018
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.