Position: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Directly reports to: Deputy Chief of Team-Operations (DCOT-O)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for OPERATIONS MANAGER position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
Duties: The Operations Manager (OM) shall:
- Provide oversight of Human Resources, Procurement, Logistics, and IT Sections to ensure that consistent policies and procedures are understood by all team members and are implemented in an integrated fashion across all areas of operations and management.
- Directly supervise operations supervisors
- Assume role of acting DCOT- O, as required
- Facilitate the development and use of integrated tools and systems required for the planning, implementation, tracking, reporting and quality control of all JSSP administrative and management systems, including procurement, logistics, facilities, human resources, payroll, IT, and other systems for LN staff
- Train LN procurement, logistics and operations staff on Tetra Tech best practices for procurement, logistics, and human resources, as relevant and needed
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with INL regulations and procedures.
- Provide oversight to the project procurement team to ensure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices are made pursuant to the Tera Tech Procurement Manual
- Directly supervise the day-to-day activities in the specified areas of operations (including the project’s facilities such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and IT
- Review expenditures and ensure that salary, procurement, and subcontract payment transaction information adhere to corporate field accounting policies and US government procurement regulations
- Routinely audit accounting transactions and files maintained for procurement and local subcontract payments
- Supervise operations staff to assure that the project facilities are appropriately maintained according to Tetra Tech best practices, INL rules and regulations, and the laws of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Provide oversight to ensure that the office functions according to Tetra Tech systems and practices
- Perform site audits and inform the DCOT-O of any problems or issues arising in this regard
- Ensure the project inventory (including IT and communications systems) are fully functioning at all times, including verification of equipment inventory list and proper filing of inventory sign-out/sign-in documents
- Maintain a filing system in electronic and hard copy format for technical, financial, logistics/procurement and administrative documents. Work with expatriate staff and HO staff to ensure the electronic filing system is in proper order in accordance with the Tetra Tech Filing Policy and fully populated for efficient administration of the project
- Provide guidance to the HR Manager on personnel issues including: preparation of employment agreements and scopes of work, salary negotiation, periodic performance review, determination and administration of employee benefits, and other processes as needed
- Mentor and build capacity of LN operations manager to assume operations responsibilities under the guidance of the DCOT-O
- Perform any other tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the DCOT- O or his/her designee
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; master’s degree preferred
- The candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience in project management roles that included project operations, strategic planning, program management, resource management and budgeting, preferably on international development or other donor-funded projects
- Ability to lead and manage a large, diverse staff working on varied projects
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours if needed
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.