About the Program
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development is a nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at US$300 million (2014-22), it contributes to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and providing jobs and training. Through PNDS, the GoTL provides grants to villages in Timor-Leste to plan, construct and manage their own small-scale infrastructure projects. A PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration (MoSA) is responsible for the implementation of PNDS. Since the commencement of PNDS, communities have built 1,421 projects.
The Australian Government is currently assisting the MoSA to implement PNDS through a support program managed by Cardno. This program is being expanded in scope to encompass municipal administration support, rural water, and support to village governance structures, in addition to PNDS support.
About the role
The Operations Manager will lead and manage all operational functions associated with the Program. He/She will establish and maintain strong working relationships with DFAT and Cardno corporate office in order to provide the necessary support services to the program.
To access the Terms of Reference including the key responsibilities of the role, kindly copy and paste this link to your browser: http://bit.ly/2lNRusx
This position is classified as a Discipline Group C Job Level 3 Long-Term Adviser under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
More information about the Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) can be found here: http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Pages/adviser-remuneration-framework.aspx
- Qualifications in management, business studies, international development or equivalent discipline.
- Ten plus years of experience in senior management, corporate services, program operations and/or organisational development roles, ideally in developing and/or post conflict countries and at national and sub-national settings.
- Demonstrated high-level management experience with proven capacity to develop operational policies and procedures; develop systems and manage process improvements; and identify and manage organisational and program risks.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in cross cultural relationships management with a diverse range stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organisation skills, high levels of motivation and ability to balance tight deadlines with mentoring and coaching of staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including very high calibre abilities and experience in report writing.
- Post graduate qualifications relevant to the role.
- Prior experience with DFAT projects.
- Experience working on development projects in the Asia Pacific region.
- A sound understanding of the development context in Timor-Leste.
- Proficiency in a language other than English – particularly Tetum, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesia
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- Response against each of the essential and desirable selection criteria (maximum five pages)
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees
- Please indicate where you saw the advertisement or how you learnt about this job vacancy.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered.
Email your application with the reference ‘OPS01 – Operations Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 01 October 2019, 5.00pm Dili time
For further information about this position:
Email email@example.com with the reference ‘OPS01 – Operations Manager’ in the subject line.
Late applications will not be considered.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.