Chemonics seeks an operations manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Papua New Guinea Electrification Partnership (PEP) Activity. The activity aims to contribute to the goal of connecting 70 percent of Papua New Guinea’s population to electric service by 2030. The operations manager will play a key role in managing office operations, human resources, and procurement-related activities in our effort to strengthen electric company capacity, develop viable off-grid electrification models, enhance the country’s energy regulator, and catalyze private investment for energy projects. The position will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Arrange and oversee maintenance and management of physical office space
- Establish and maintain a filing system for archiving all relevant administrative, contractual, and personnel documentation
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Prepare all necessary administrative forms and oversee travel logistics for project staff and consultants
- Perform orientation for short-term consultants on field-office procedures
- Ensure office and staff contact lists and Emergency Action Plans are up to date.
- Supervise receptionist, administrative assistant, and cleaners, monitoring performance.
- Coordinate the full-cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations. Ensure project compliance with local labor laws.
- Maintain personnel and recruitment files in accordance with Chemonics policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations
- Manage and administer benefits according to Chemonics policies and labor laws
- Ensure accurate timesheet records
- Ensure new hires are properly oriented to the project and relevant Chemonics policies
- Assist the deputy chief of party in managing the annual assessment process
- Coordinate project procurements, in full compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ internal policies and procedures
- Work with the grants manager and accountant to maintain the project’s inventory and tracking system and ensure project assets are secure at all times
- Degree in project management, business administration, public administration, or another relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience working on development or USAID projects, preferably with responsibilities in operations, human resources, and/or procurement
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in working on programs of similar magnitude and complexity,
- Ability to collaborate with teams and communicate effectively
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Strong spreadsheet/word processing skills, including advanced budgeting skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in English, both verbal and written
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to PNGRecruit@chemonics.com and “Operations Manager – PNG Electrification Partnership Activity” in the subject line by October 25, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted, and we will interview candidates on a rolling basis.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.