Cardno was engaged by the Australian Government (DFAT) in December 2018 to manage Economic and Social Infrastructure Program (ESIP). ESIP is improving the planning, prioritisation, delivery and sustainability of important infrastructure in PNG. Priority infrastructure sub-sectors for the Program include Electricity, Telecommunications and Water and Sanitation. Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) and safeguards are being mainstreamed across Program operations and activities. The Program is being implemented by a full-time team located at the Program Office in Port Moresby, along with advisers who are working inside Government of PNG (GoPNG) agencies and State Owned Enterprises, with support from Cardno corporate personnel in Port Moresby.
This is an exciting operations leadership role within a large Australian aid program. As a member of ESIP’s Leadership Team, the Operations Manager will oversee the delivery of high quality and cost-effective operational services that support Program implementation. The Operations Manager will support the Program to meet its reporting, milestone and contractual requirements. The Operations Manager will adopt a collaborative and proactive approach to working with colleagues and the client (DFAT), adjusting operations to account for changes in the context and DFAT requirements.
The Terms of Reference, including selection criteria, are available at: https://www.cardno.com/media/5128/tor_operations-manager_esip_25112019.pdf
You will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in International Relations, Business Management or Human Resource Management and/or a related discipline.
- 10 years’ or more experience working in project management and / or operations roles on donor funded programs within the Asia-Pacific region, including team leadership experience in complex, multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural contexts.
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly establish credibility and effective relationships with project personnel and external stakeholders, including donor representatives
- Extensive experience and expertise with contractor and personnel management, including compliance, quality assurance and performance management
- Demonstrated understanding of, or direct experience in, applying gender equality, child protection and anti-corruption strategies across operations and / or activities
- Ability to deliver operational solutions that deliver value for money outcomes in a resource constrained environment.
- Experience in PNG or other Pacific Island countries
- Familiarity with PNG local labour laws
- Experience with DFAT processes and procedures
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline Group C and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the role. To access the ARF rates, please visit: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining ESIP in PNG. Click the “Apply” button to submit your application online before the deadline of 11:59pm Monday 16 December 2019 (Port Moresby, PNG time).
Your application must include the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria (maximum three pages)
- Curriculum Vitae including details of at least two (2) professional referees
For any enquiries about this position, please contact email@example.com and include “ESIP Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Why join Cardno?
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno has a proud, longstanding history in PNG. We have a permanent corporate office in Port Moresby with full-time corporate staff who provide ongoing in-country support to project teams. By joining Cardno, you will also be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds working on various projects in PNG and beyond.
Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
Cardno and ESIP is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno and ESIP is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.