Location: CAN - AB - Calgary
Empl./Engagement Status: Casual
Empl./Engagement Duration: 4 months
Closing Date: Posted until filled
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking an Operations Manager oversee and coordinate our COVID-19 PHAC Traveller Isolation Operation across seven provincial hotel sites and a virtual operations team.
Reporting to the EM Senior Manager or designate, the Operations Manager will organize, coordinate and align services with all Provinces engaged in the Public Health Agency of Canada support to returning travellers operations and will serve as a key liaison person for external partners, agencies, and government. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure operational plans are implemented in the geographies with as much consistency as possible, budgets are monitored and projections are prepared, submitted and implemented as required. The Operations Manager, through coordination and consultation with Provincial & National EM, will recommend and implement approved changes to the client service delivery model to ensure programs are client focused and of high quality. They will provide leadership, coordination and/or supervision and direction to Site Teams, Virtual Operations, Systems and other focal or SME leads to ensure a consistent and coherent direction and practices in the delivery of services and in accordance with the Service Delivery Framework, the CRCS Fundamental Principles and the Mission.
Who you are:
- You possess strong leadership skills – give clear instructions and delegate, make informed decisions, able to problem solve, provide coaching and feedback to volunteers, support team environment
- You can resolve conflict, which includes active listening, mediation/negotiation, develop solutions and options with a win/win approach, appropriate assertiveness toward problem, managing emotions
- Your communication is clear, concise, confident and you have the ability to influence others
- You are able to read, write and deliver services in English with the ability to also read, right and deliver services as appropriate to operation in French is strongly recommended
- You work well within a team, are respectful, approachable and build strong relationships within a team
- You champion collaborative opportunities, ensure flow of information, are a strategic thinker and facilitator, and enjoy meshing work plans/prioritizing
- You are calm during a crisis and don’t allow emotions to get in the way, don’t take things personal, stay positive, respond decisively and take accountability.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Meaningful Work: you and your team will provide care and comfort services to travellers returning to Canada who are required to self-isolate.
In this role you will:
- Model, lead, support and provide guidance to the Site Teams in maintaining strong and positive relationships with external stakeholders, ensuring high quality of client services;
- Perform needs assessment to identify immediate and evolving needs of the overall operations and make recommendation as appropriate;
- Lead the Virtual Operations Team (VOT), providing direction and coordination for the ongoing management of activities and address issues as they arise;
- Provide operational direction to Site teams in partnership with Provincial EM designated leads to ensure consistency and coherence across the country
- Lead coordination meetings;
- To provide regular and timely operational reports as per Technical Standards inclusive of situation report, operational data, incident tracking and relevant statistics, as appropriate;
- Encourage and coach on cross-functional coordination between direct services and enabling services in the CRC locations;
- Lead monitoring of service delivery at the locations supporting affected populations;
- Provide timely formal and informal performance feedback to direct reports if applicable;
- Evaluate, brief and debrief site managers, individuals and teams, as appropriate;
- Develop and manage a service delivery plan;
- Maintain oversight of performance to budget, prepare projections, monitoring reports as required.
- Monitor and ensure capacity, effectiveness and quality within Client Service delivery structure operation;
- Ensure health, safety, security and safe work practices relevant to the operation are in place, monitored and continually assessed;
- In collaboration with national EM Operations, identifies and implements a beneficiary accountability/ complaints mechanism to ensure rapid response and improvements in service delivery and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the relevant authorities and stakeholders;
- To participate in and represent the CRC at coordination meetings, as well as liaise with relevant government authorities, and operating agencies as appropriate;
- Represent or appoint appropriate representation of the CRC in coordination meetings, as appropriate;
- Communicate regularly with the Provincial EM Director or designate on all operational matters;
We’re looking for:
- Completion of a University Degree in Disaster Management, Emergency Management, Social Services or community Development and/or an equivalent experience;
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in a management position;
- Experience in client facing work that includes emergency social services or case management;
- Experience with the Red Cross and one relief or recovery operation a strong asset;
- Experience in managing teams working in Epidemic or Pandemic operations is an asset
- The majority of the response work is performed from a remote home office or in an adapted response environment which is moderately clean and comfortable.
- Able to work non-traditional hours (daytime, evenings and weekends), be available to respond to emergency/disaster related requests
- If working in a response site, health and safety considerations will be outlined prior to the assignment.
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.