Chemonics seeks an operations manager/deputy chief of party for the anticipated USAID Forest and Biodiversity Support Activity in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The project aims to help environmental stakeholders in the Congo Basin respond to large-scale threats to biodiversity conservation and forest management by strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations; improving policy and regulatory frameworks to protect biodiversity and forests; and identifying innovative, effective, and institutionalized approaches in conservation and forest management. We are seeking a senior-level operations manager for a long-term position, subject to the project award. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist the chief of party in his or her administrative duties, including in relations with USAID/DRC, senior Congolese government officials, leaders of non-governmental organizations, and private sector actors
- Manage administrative, financial, and operational teams in the DRC
- Oversee all logistical, operations, finance, and human resources functions of the project
- Supervise a staff of personnel, logistics, IT, and financial specialists, and ensure quality performance, staff satisfaction, and retention
- Degree in project management, environmental studies, political science, international development, statistics, social sciences, or a related discipline required; advanced degree highly desirable
- Minimum of five years of experience working on donor-funded environment programs and/or other civil society–related programs
- Experience with logistical and management systems in the context of Central Africa
- Experience with standard management systems, as well as with USAID procurement and financial systems. Training and certification in management systems is highly desirable
- Experience working collaboratively with foreign governments, international donors, and local organizations
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Advanced proficiency in spoken and written French and English required; fluency highly desirable
Please send an email with your CV and/or cover letter attached and “Operations Manager/DCOP” in the subject line to FABSrecruitmentDRC@chemonics.com by September 5, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.