The QED Group is preparing a proposal for USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project to support USAID/Ethiopia in providing technical assistance and other services for the implementation of the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Activity. The project is aimed to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health service and create a sustainable health care system through use of data for decision making and for providing similar services and deliverables to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia.
We are looking for Operations Manager who will be responsible for Inventory, Facilities Maintenance, Transportation and Logistics. The Operations Manager will undertake a wide range of support functions, including but not limited to those stipulated below.
- Maintain inventory control system. Facilitate annual inventory reconciliation in coordination with the project leadership and QED Home Office contracts personnel on contract anniversary date.
- Ensure damaged equipment is properly documented and recorded with an approved disposal form.
- Maintain a system for repair and maintenance of project facilities.
- Ensure effective implementation of operational activities as per developed plans, practices, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day office management and support services, activities, and personnel including project drivers.
- Support the deployment of short-term technical experts, logistics and operations.
- Responsible for all in-country and international travel arrangements and ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations governing travel.
- Maintain a tracking system for all traveling staff.
- Follow up with USAID on issuing and renewing staff USAID ID cards, permits and visas.
- Act as QED representative with the office landlord, insurance, mobile, and internet companies and support local network.
- Support the compliance department in collecting vetting documents, including liaising with partner/beneficiary individuals as necessary and in coordination with relevant technical staff.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all computer equipment, and office furniture.
- Provide advice to the Deputy Chief of Party on logistics and procurement improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or work experience to substitute for educational background.
- At least 5 years of working experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Amharic is a plus.
- Proficient with computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent personnel and task management skills.
- Prior experience in a managerial position.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
About the Organization
QED Group is a global consulting company with 20 years of experience providing data-driven, insightful solutions for international development, defense, and diplomacy. We never lose focus on how an organization uses its resources to make better decisions, improve performance, change behavior, and manage adaptively. We are passionate about evidence-based decision making and are working to improve the quality and use of data through the implementation of smart measurement and evaluation strategies, organizational learning, the appropriate use of technologies and innovation, and the promotion of increased capacity in data visualization.
To know more about our organization, you can visit our website, www.qedgroupllc.com