RTI International has a great opportunity for a project Operations Manager to lead and manage a team of Project Coordinators to support all the global project operations for ENVISION. She/he will provide advanced-level operational support and guidance in all aspects of project back stopping functions. Responsible for support to and quality control for project operations for ENVISION within Global Health Division (GHD). Primary operations management responsibility for the project, and assistance to the project leadership. Also perform Project Manager (PM) and/or Project Coordinator (PC) roles as needed. May perform business and proposal development tasks within GHD. This position can be based in the DC office or RTP, NC.
- Provide leadership for project management support team;
- Support and advise division, portfolio managers, and project teams on cross-cutting operations issues;
- Collaborate with Financial Analyst and Senior Grants Manager to coordinate participation in Project Performance Dashboard Reviews (PPDRs) and respond to issues identified;
- Support annual work planning including budget development and review, and contribute to semi-annual reporting;
- Participate in monthly country progress meetings;
- Schedule and coordinate operations team meetings;
- Collaborate with Deputy Director, Financial Analyst and Senior Grants Manager for coordinated and consistent project administration standards and timely response to client requests and problem-solving;
- Collaborate with senior management team to identify and manage risks;
- Provide direct project management support (backstopping) and serve as backup/acting PM as needed on the project;
- Supervise, train and mentor project management support (backstopping) staff on financial and operational functions, and train other project staff as needed;
- Serve as a resource and point person for and to Internal Development Group’s Project Management Support Office (PMSO), to ensure standards are applied across the project and lessons learned are captured and shared International Development Group (IDG)-wide;
- Lead orientation and training for new staff in areas of project administration and operations;
- Provide quality assurance in areas of project administration and operations;• - Work with project team to create customized project management or operational solutions as needed;
- International travel be required occasionally; - Coordinate and ensure back-up for project management staff and USAID grants when required (due to competing work or leave);
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ENVISION is a cooperative agreement through which RTI supports and expands neglected tropical disease (NTD) control and elimination in specified countries and furthers the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. More than one billion people - mostly in the developing world- suffer from one or more neglected tropical diseases. While relatively unheard of in developed countries, diseases like lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis, trachoma, onchocerciasis and soil-transmitted helminthes, cause disability, reduce mobility, contribute to childhood malnutrition and can lead to blindness and severe disfigurement. Neglected tropical diseases typically affect rural populations, who tend to be poor and lack access to safe water, basic health services and essential medicines. Affected individuals often face stigmatization and abuse, further contributing to social and economic marginalization. To learn more about ENVISION’s work, visit: www.ntdenvision.org
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with 12 years of international development work experience; or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 9 years of international development work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of USAID experience (a must);
- Recent experience as a supervisor, leading and managing a Project Support team.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Program management teams in matrix environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in project administration and operation support in international development.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of USAID grants (including fixed amount awards (FAAs) administrative and regulatory requirements (2 CFR 200 and ADS 303) and grants management. - Advanced proficiency in administrative and operational support skills and abilities.
- Worked successfully across technical and operational areas within business group.
- Advanced knowledge project management practices in international development.
- Excellent ability in communication (verbal and written): active listening, excellent writing skills, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and effective management skills.
- Successful record of managing and supporting complex and geographically disparate programs.
- Strong ability to partner and influence.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) course work or certification preferred.
- Proficiency in French preferred.
RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.