Position: Operations Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Bangladesh
ME&A is recruiting an Operations Manager for the USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) contract. The purpose of BMEL will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The Operations Manager will be in charge of providing operational and administrative assistance to the project staff, performing various administrative, coordination and logistical services. They provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Manage employee/contractor travel arrangements including: Booking flights, booking hotels, providing travel advances, and drafting Professional Service Agreements (PSAs).
- Draft and edit contracts, and support the editing of draft reports.
- Draft monthly project status reports.
- Schedule, manage, and monitor meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinate with IT support.
- Maintain meeting and travel schedules, manage office supplies (including purchasing whatever is needed on a regular basis), maintain the office phone system, ensure printer supplies are maintained, printer maintenance, copying and scanning.
- Answer and transfer phones accordingly, greet visitors, prepare the conference room for meetings, and open and close the office.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with 4 years of professional/office experience, including internships.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to track and report data accurately and timely.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work across and communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with scanning and general office equipment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Fluency in Bengali and English is required.
- Expertise in Bangladesh is highly desired.
- Resident or citizen of Bangladesh required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A implements the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative for the USAID Mission in El Salvador. ME&A's team provides USAID/El Salvador and potentially other missions in the region continued performance monitoring, verification, GIS services and evaluation support to measure program impact, results and achievements.