OPERATIONS MANAGER (OM), PMO
Nationality: American National (AN)
Base of Operations: CONUS
Required Clearance: MRPT
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Program Director
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for OPERATIONS MANAGER (OM) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Overall Duties: The Operations Manager serves on the PMO team and ensures program effectiveness and efficiency by providing comprehensive day to day support to the field and each respective functional are to include but not limited to HR, finance, procurement, staffing, logistics, IT/comms, security, etc. Works closely with the Program Director to develop, analyze, and strategize program goals, and policy and procedures to ensure cost effective solutions are presented to INL while maintaining the efficiency to the program. Tracks and submits JSSP deliverables and program milestones. responds to operational inquiries from the field, advises the Program Director on program decision making. Serves as a program representative to INL and attend meetings with the INL program office.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in supporting program effectiveness and efficiency by providing comprehensive day-to-day operational support to the field and each functional area, including but not limited to contract compliance, reporting, human resources, finance, procurement, logistics, IT/comms, and security
- Respond to operational inquiries from the field and coordinate with the Program Director on program decision making
- Ensure company/project registration remains compliant with operating country requirements, including any annual reporting requirements
- Serve as the Tetra Tech DPK Lead Project Officer/Project Manager per the Approval Authority Matrix
- Update the Tetra Tech DPK burn rate chart, project burn rate memo and report out at regular burn rate meetings
- Support with preparation of quarterly project PEEAC and quarterly Corporate Risk Review presentation
- Complete small business reporting requirements for JSSP
- Manage and regularly update project budget and expenditures and coordinate with home office and field office teams to ensure adherence to contract budget, burn rate, and spending commitments
- Lead the Tetra Tech Annual Operating Plan and Mid-Year Forecast process
- Approve project expenses in Tetra Linx and ensure compliance to contract and regulations, as well as use of correct JSSP project, DPK G&A or EXO overhead task codes
- Review and approve monthly field expense reports and monthly invoices
- Respond to Tetra Tech Finance team requests for clarifications, memos, and assist with backup documentation for submission of monthly invoices
- Lead the process for opening/closing of bank account and ensure project has sufficient bank account signatories and funding for project operations
- Monitor and update EXO overhead budget for the DC office
- Support field office recruitment efforts of Afghan nationals by assisting with shortlisting, document reviews, rate approvals, drafting Afghan national approval requests, etc.
- Ensure field personnel adhere to Field Office Administrative Operations Manual and other field policies manuals; update policies/manuals as needed, in coordination with the Assigned Compliance Specialist and field office management in accordance with the Approval Authority Matrix
- Work in collaboration with Finance and assigned Compliance Specialist to ensure that memorandums of understanding, consultant letters, subcontracts, and purchase orders are in place where needed
- Lead procurement, negotiation, and oversight of U.S./third country subcontracts
- Facilitate regularly-scheduled project operational meetings and maintain minutes/priority lists to track action items
- Draft operational deliverables as assigned, including staffing report, financial/cost tracking report, safety and security report, etc.
- Provide training and capacity building to field staff on key topics such as budgeting, compliance, finance and admin operations procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years program management and/or government contracting experience
- Experience working operations on a government contracting program
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of business accounting and budgeting
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks independently
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and procurement and financial management systems
- Knowledge of the government regulations and experience working with USG/Department of State and Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.